Friday, May 8, 2009

Ever have one of those days?

Well, as the saying goes, I feel like I'm having one of those weeks.

Last night we got to bed WAY too late.  I'm just plain too tired.

My knee hurts.  I think I injured it taking Harry bowling a couple of weeks ago, but that injury seemed to have healed--until yesterday.  Now it hurts like crazy every time I walk down a flight of stairs.

My phone is on the fritz.  We finally decided to bite the bullet and spend the $$$ to buy me a new


Iphone

We ordered it the other night.  But something got screwed up and it hasn't shipped yet.  I can live without it, but it sure would be nice to be properly connected.

One thing that did go well last night--while I was working, I stuck a Beethoven CD into the drive and listened to the 5th & 6th Symphonies while I worked.  Even though I was legitimately feeling lousy, that helped.  My sister points out that the Peter Schickele Beethoven's 5th "Play by Play" routine would probably have helped my mood even more, but I'm not going to complain.

The other thing that happened yesterday is that the organizers of Jerusalem Mill decided (probably correctly) that the rain at the site over the past week or two, combined with the rain that's expected to come over the next week, had made the event untenable.  So they are canceling/postponing to a date sometime later in the summer.

Well, I can't say I want to go hang in the mud, but I was looking forward to this event, and the site is sufficiently far away that I'm nervous that they'll choose a date that I can't go.   

But this weekend we're going to the Sheep and Wool Festival up in NH, and tomorrow at least looks like it should have good weather, so that'll be good.

Now if I can stop blogging and start grading these silly papers.

No comments: